Why Choose Us for Colon Cancer Treatment?
Here at Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, we treat you, not your condition. We are here to take care of you, supporting you during every step of your care. The top colon cancer experts provide an accurate diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
We provide the full range of treatment options, including sophisticated robotic surgery procedures. We also offer robust support services to help you live a full, active life during treatment.
Colon cancer: our approach to care
Our team at the Cancer Institute puts you in the center of everything we do. At the Cancer Institute, you will find:
- Patient-centered care: From the moment you enter our facility, you will work with your Navigation Team. They answer all of your questions and help you schedule appointments seamlessly. They also work with you to develop a payment plan, apply for government grants, and keep track of paperwork. You can focus on getting better instead of on logistics.
- Expert staff: Our physicians have decades of experience treating colon cancer. In fact, surgeons come from all over the world to visit our surgery center and to learn from our team. You have the best care and treatment available in the Pittsburgh tri-state area. We are also accredited by the Commission on Cancer, which recognizes cancer centers for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality, and multidisciplinary patient-centered care.
- Advanced technology: We are one of the busiest robotic colon cancer surgery centers in the country. Surgeons use robotic surgical technology to perform complex procedures with more precision and control than traditional techniques.
- Minimally invasive procedures: More than 80 percent of our surgeries are minimally invasive. Some require no incision at all. Minimally invasive procedures typically result in a shorter, more comfortable recovery.
- Excellent colon cancer care close to home: You don’t have to travel far to get the comprehensive care you need. You can focus your energy on your health, not on traveling.
- Collaborative team: During our weekly colon cancer conference, top colon cancer experts meet to discuss complicated cases. You benefit from the experience of many different specialists, including:
- Surgical subspecialists (surgeons who undergo specialized training in surgery for colon cancer)
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Research coordinators
- An after hours clinic: AHN opened the first After Hours Oncology Clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you experience side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. You get prompt treatment without exposing your immune system to the germs you may encounter at traditional emergency room. You also typically pay less than you would at an ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip.
Colon cancer: diagnosis and treatment
Our dedicated team uses advanced screenings and tests to get the most accurate diagnosis. Find out more about colon cancer diagnosis.
Once we have confirmed the diagnosis, our colon cancer specialists work with you to determine a course of action. Your treatment plan may include surgery, chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. Learn more about our approach to colon cancer treatment.