At Jefferson Hospital, we are guided by the mission of improving the health of residents in Pittsburgh's South Hills communities.
To fulfill this mission, we focus on bringing together talented healthcare professionals who believe that the best way to treat patients is to offer advanced medical care in an environment that is friendly, personalized, and close to home.
In order to serve our patients in this manner, we are actively recruiting individuals who want to work in an independent, growing healthcare organization providing advanced care.
We offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefits program, and educational opportunities — all at our conveniently located South Hills facilities.
If you are looking for a healthcare career in a growing organization that values professional development, Jefferson Hospital and the Allegheny Health Network is an ideal workplace.
At Jefferson Hospital, we offer a variety of benefit options for employees and their eligible dependents as part of the total compensation package.
Employees select the available options that best meet their own and their family needs.
Employment type (full-time or part-time) determines the eligibility and availability of the benefits.
The following list is a summary of benefits.
|- Medical coverage||- Dental Coverage|
|- Vision Plan||- Life Insurance|
|- Paid time Off (PTO)||- Affordable On-site Parking|
|- Retirement Savings Plan||- Tuition Reimbursement|
|- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance||- Disability Coverage|
|- Flexible Spending Accounts||- Group Legal Insurance|
|- Employee Assistance Program||- Health Charges Discount Policy|
|- On-site Daycare||- Career Counseling|
At Jefferson Hospital, we believe that the key to providing superior patient care is our team of dedicated employees and physicians. We offer opportunities for students currently pursuing healthcare programs to gain valuable experience through clinical rotations. Current employees are encouraged to continue personal and professional growth and enhance their skills. A generous tuition assistance program and Career Enrichment Grants are resources available to assist employees in these efforts.
Nursing students who have successfully completed two semesters of clinical may apply for employment as a part-time or casual pool Nurse Extern.
Summer Nurse Extern
Our specialized summer program has been developed to provide nursing students a way to gain valuable experience that will assist in the transitions from nursing student to Registered Nurse. This full-time summer program is offered mid-June to mid-August. On-line applications are accepted each year through our normal job application portal. Each student is assigned a registered nurse to shadow and works the same rotating schedule as his or her preceptor.
Full- and part-time regular status employees are eligible for tuition assistance up to $3,000 per academic year to further their education and career development.
Career Enrichment Grants
Funded by the Development Office, a limited number of competitive grants are awarded annually to employees. These grants reflect projects, programs, and educational activities that benefit the employee personally and professionally as well as support the organization's initiatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way I can check the status of my application?
Applicants can utilize the Application Status Button on our website for an email checking the status of an application.
How long is my application active?
We currently retain applications in our database for up to one year from the date it is received by the Human Resources Department.
What benefits are available to Jefferson Hospital employees?
Jefferson Hospital offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, which include:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403(b) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Daycare
- Career Counseling
- Employee Assistance Program
- Affordable On-Site Parking
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Charges Discount Policy
New Hire Information
- Located in the South Hills Medical Building,
Suite 507, next to the hospital.
- A 2-step TB Skin Test will be performed.
If you have documentation of a previous
test within the past 12 months, please bring
- A follow-up appointment to review blood
work will be scheduled.
- After this appointment, please report to HR
to finalize your new hire paperwork.
New Hire Paperwork
- A link for your electronic new hire paperwork has been emailed to you. Complete and click "Submit to HR" before your employee health appointment.
- Bring a voided check or deposit slip and employee eligibility documentation:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card, Passport or Birth Certificate
- Professional license, if applicable
- Make sure all new hire paperwork is finalized with HR on or before your start date.
New Employee Orientation
- Confirmation of your attendance at this orientation will be confirmed by e-mail upon physical/drug testing clearance.
- Business casual attire or scrubs is appropriate.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Clinical: Scrubs
- Non-clinical: Business Casual
- Remove all facial and oral jewelry.
- All visible tattoos must be covered.
- Hosiery required.
- ID badge and parking permit will be distributed during New Employee Orientation or be available in HR on your first day.
- Park in lots E, F or G on your first day.
- ID badge will grant you garage access, and be used for payroll tracking and building access.
Act 73 Clearances
- Need to be initiated as soon as possible.
- Originals must be received in HR no more than 30 days after your start date.
- If not received, you will be removed from the schedule.