Orthopaedic Intern Simulation Conference
This conference is for orthopaedic interns who want to gain hands-on experience in a simulated environment. Through this course they practice and perfect essential orthopedic skills to assess, evaluate, and care for clients with an orthopaedic condition.
- Evaluate orthopaedic interns’ ability to treat compartment syndrome
- Demonstrate the ability to properly aspirate / inject joints
- Demonstrate proficiency in casting and splinting skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and professionalism when dealing with difficult patients
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and perform treatment related to orthopedic procedures such as joint injections and splinting.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and correct life threatening complications like compartment syndrome