Our family medicine program has designed a longitudinal wellness curriculum to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our residents and creating a culture that aids in the development of skilled, compassionate and resilient physicians. Our
multifaceted approach targets all aspects of resident wellness including social
well-being, mental health, financial education, physical health, technology training, and professional growth.
A few highlights of our program include:
- Magellan Health offers 24/7 mental health support including 5 free, confidential counselling sessions. No diagnosis is reported. No employer notification. Additionally, we have an on site licensed behavioral therapist available for personal or clinical consultation
- An active and creative Wellness Committee led by both faculty and residents
- “The Pulse”, our monthly newsletter, keeps residents and faculty apprised of upcoming wellness and community happenings, important announcements and birthdays.
- Periodic assessment with a validated burnout inventory
- Monthly class meetings to discuss resident specific concerns, troubleshoot problems, and share experiences.
- Protected personal time for mental health, medical, and dental care appointments
- An annual program sponsored Intern Retreat
- A dedicated mentorship program to provide new residents with consistent, organized, and compassionate support directly from their senior residents and faculty.
- A focus on achievement through a monthly “Success Rounds” where residents and faculty are recognized for their dedication and passion for patient care.
- Creative and fun social gatherings; including local festivals/tours, faculty sponsored journal clubs, holiday get togethers, ice cream after rounds and much more!
BACK TO TOP