Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only for the Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship. All completed applications are downloaded and reviewed by the Program Director. Those wishing to apply to the Infectious Disease/Nephrology Critical Care Track please apply through ERAS AGH Infectious Disease or Nephrology programs.
Completed application includes:
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (one from your Internal Medicine Residency Program Director).
- USMLE Scores: Steps 1, 2 and 3
- COMLEX Scores: Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Visa Requirements: The program accepts applicants with J-1 visa and Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Allegheny General Hospital does not sponsor applicants with H1B visa status.
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Green card status (if applicable)
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine selects from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal attributes such as motivation and integrity. The department opposes discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or military status.
Selection of candidates for positions is based on the following criteria:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Completed application form
- Appropriate academic performance in undergraduate/graduate medical education
- Letters of recommendation: Letters will be reviewed for evaluation of the candidate’s clinical skills, fund of knowledge, leadership skills, quality of research, professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated scholarly activity - completed abstracts, publications in peer reviewed journals, presentation at local/regional/national conferences.
- Personal interview with the Program Director and faculty members.
Each application will be reviewed and candidates selected for an onsite interview will be notified via e-mail. Candidates scheduled for an interview will meet with the Program Director, Associate Program Directors and key clinical faculty members.
The Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
Sharon Mastele, Program Coordinator
Allegheny General Hospital
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
320 E North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212