Our program strongly supports and encourages to do research. Our focus is on Clinical research projects. Extensive database in many of the specialty fields allows our residents to develop unique research topics.
Dr. Kevin Kelly, Dr. Thomas Scott and Dr. Carol Schramke are pleased to serve as the primary contacts and mentors for those residents seeking an extended and individualized research exposure during their training.
Research Club Samples
- Barriers to Exercise in patients with Parkinson’s disease, Prarthana Prakash, MD
- Experience of treating ALS patients with IV Edaravone after following FDA approval of medication, M. Adeel Saleemi, MBBS
- Disability in first 10 years of Relapse-onset MS is principally a product of relapses with incomplete Recovery. Wisam E. Elmalik, MD
- Time is brain. The quest to improve IA times. Abhishek Purohit, MD
- Epileptiform or not – an evaluation of resident competency in EEG reading. Deeksha Agrawal, M.D
- Identification of characteristics that Predispose Parkinson’s Patients to Developing Mood Disturbances Following DBS Implantation. Mary Flaherty, DO
- Disability Progression In Multiple Sclerosis. Wisam Elmalik, MD
- Value of Neurophysiological Monitoring in Cerebral Aneurysm. Omar Kuzez, MD
- A Trial of High-Dose Steroids to Mitigate NTZ Withdrawal. Victoria Titoff, DO
- Medication Reduction After DBS Placement in Parkinson’s Disease. Zain Guduru, MD
- Alcoholic Neuropathy: Natural history and clinical characteristics based on a case series. Munazza Ahmed, MD
- The Effect of Botox on Oral Medication Burden in Patients treated for Chronic Migraine. Heather Moury, DO
- Risk Factor Analysis and Outcomes in Patients with High Grade Glioma Managed at Allegheny General Hospital. Nawal Shaikh, MD
Ongoing Research Projects
National Presentations Almost Every Year by Our Residents at:
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- American Epilepsy Society
- Pennsylvania Neurological Society
Other Scholarly Activity
- Quality Improvement Projects in Allegheny Health Network.
- Journal Club – Monthly
- Morbidity and Mortality – Quarterly
- Presentations at Combined Neurology-Neurosugery, Neuropathology & Neuroradiology conference.
- Wellness Initiatives