We recruit trainees to our fully accredited rheumatology training program through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applicants will be expected to complete the application process through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Guidelines for submission can be found on the ERAS website.
The following documents should be submitted by the candidates prior to be considered for an interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Green Card Status (if applicable)
- USMLE Scores (MDs): Steps 1 and 2; Step 3 (if available)
- COMLEX Scores (DOs): Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 letters, including a letter from Internal Medicine Program Director
- Visa Requirements: The program accepts applicants with J-1 visa and Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Allegheny General Hospital does not sponsor applicants with H1B visa status.
Applications will not be considered complete until all of the above-listed documents have been submitted electronically via ERAS.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified via email. Those candidates scheduled for interview will meet with the program director and faculty of the Rheumatology division.
2018 Application Timeline
July 1, 2017: MyERAS website opens to applicants
July 15, 2017: ERAS post office opens for programs to receive applications
August 2017: Invitations are sent to selected applicants
September & October 2017: Interviews are conducted
November 8, 2017: Rank Order list closes
December 6, 2017: Match Day
July 1, 2018: New fellows begin