This course introduces learners to the Patient Navigation Model. It provides the theoretical knowledge needed to navigate a patient/family in a timely manner across the health care continuum from diagnosis, treatment and supportive care.
- Recognize the opportunity to navigate a patient between diagnosis, treatment and procedure
- Demonstrate proper choice of resources or services
- Identify barriers to patient across specific to the care need requested
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively implement hand off procedures between community and hospital navigates
- Interprofessional team members