Team STEPPS Presentation for West Penn Hospital Operating Room
Welcome to TeamSTEPPS Training!
TeamSTEPPS stands for: Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety. This course will introduce teamwork concepts and specific tools and strategies for improving communication, reducing chance of error, and providing safer patient care. TeamSTEPPS is built upon an evidence-based framework composed of four teachable, learnable skills: communication, leadership, situation monitoring, and mutual support—the core of the TeamSTEPPS model.
- Following this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the TeamSTEPPS framework and key principles;
- Describe four communication tools and strategies;
- Describe effective team leader skills
- Define situation monitoring;
- Describe observable behaviors associated with effective team performance;
- Identify barriers to teamwork; identify tools and strategies to overcome barriers
to Allegheny Health Network Staff
Agenda Team STEPPS
08:00 — 08:15: Welcome and Breakfast/ Pretest
08:15 — 08:30am: Overview of Team STEPPS
08:30 — 09:00am: Introduction to Team Training
09:00 — 09:15am: Defining Culture
09:15am - 09:45am: Team Building Exercise
09:45am — 10:00am: Break
10:00am — 11:00am: Team Performance/Leadership/Communication
11:00am — 11:30am: Conflict Resolution
11:30am — 11:45am: Putting it all together
11:45am — 1200pm: Open Discussion/Evaluations/Post-Test
Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.