Our EMS Pledge
The Emergency Departments staffed in partnership with Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM) continuously strive to be customer-focused organizations. The Emergency Medical Service providers who entrust our hospitals to care for their patients are incredibly important partners in improving and preserving the health of our region. AHNEMM and our partner hospitals are committed to providing EMS with the very best experience while visiting our facilities. Our EMS Pledge clearly specifies what EMS can expect when they arrive at any of our Network’s Emergency Departments.
According to Our EMS Pledge, we will be: Attentive * Respectful * Customer Accountable
- We will closely monitor appropriate communication channels to receive your report.
- We will coordinate prompt access to a medical command physician when requested.
- We will activate appropriate specialty teams or services to expedite the care of your patient based on clinical criteria or per your request.
- You and your patient will be greeted respectfully.
- If a delay in bed placement occurs, clear communication of time will be shared with your crew and patient.
- Once the treatment area has been reached, our staff member will introduce themselves and listen to your report in its entirety.
After Patient Transfer
- We will maintain an area dedicated to EMS providers, where you can find refreshments that also include healthy choices.
- We will care for, including cleaning, any equipment that you must leave with us. If you do not visit our facility regularly, we will arrange to return your equipment, based on your request.
- We value your opinion and your feedback is important to us.
- We will provide an electronic mechanism to evaluate your experience, whether good or bad, every time you visit us and will listen and act on your feedback.
- We will maintain postings at each of our Emergency Departments of who and how to contact someone in Prehospital Services on a 24/7 basis.