See a provider today, call 814.SAMEDAY (814.726.3329)
232 West 25th Street
Erie, PA 16544
When you receive your cancer care through Saint Vincent Hospital, all of your needs are met. Treatment is tailored not just to medical findings, but also to your preferences and goals.
Board-certified medical, surgical and radiation oncologists provide your care. They meet in weekly tumor boards to evaluate cases and make the best recommendations. You can access clinical trials of new treatments and newer approaches such as tumor sequencing, designed to match therapy with specific cancer features.
Oncology Services at Saint Vincent Hospital
We offer a range of cancer-related services and are always looking for ways to improve your experience. Our care includes:
- Screenings: Exams at regular intervals can find breast cancer, cervical cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and skin cancer at earlier, more-treatable stages. Speak with your primary care doctor about your options.
- Genetic counselors: Specially trained counselors can help if certain cancers or related cancers appear to run in your family. They can offer genetic testing for multiple genes at once and discuss family planning. We offer the area’s only on-site genetic counseling, supplementing service with telemedicine videoconferences.
- Nurse navigators: Specialized nurses guide you and your family through care. Working directly with the patient’s oncology team, they provide the information you need to feel confident about your treatment choices. We continue to expand this service beyond our breast cancer care.
- Top imaging: We provide accurate screenings and diagnoses through digital 3D mammography (tomosynthesis), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and a combination of computed tomography (CT) and positron emission tomography (PET).
- Minimally invasive surgeries: Our surgeons offer both laparoscopic and robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, which can shorten hospital stays and speed recovery. We are investing in the latest model of the da Vinci® Surgical System robot. We also offer minimally invasive biopsy techniques to remove tumor samples. Saint Vincent Hospital offers the only ultrasound MRI fusion biopsy for the prostate in the region.
- Additional care: Specialized physical therapy keeps up your strength and counters any side effects of treatment. Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care experts are committed to improving comfort and quality of life for patients and families with serious illness by addressing their physical symptoms, emotional well-being, spirituality and dignity. Holistic services such as massage therapy, meditation, Reiki and emotional support compliment the care provided by the Palliative medicine and Supportive Care team.
- Survivorship: Care personalized to your needs helps you stay healthy and find a sense of normalcy after cancer treatment. Dietitians may help you adjust your diet, for example. Physical therapists may help with tailored exercise plans. A psychologist may help you readjust to life after treatment.
Saint Vincent Breast Cancer Expertise
You can receive the leading care you need thanks to the members of our breast cancer team:
- Breast surgeons who completed additional, highly specialized fellowship training
- Fellowship-trained radiologists offering 3D mammography screening, breast MRI to provide additional screening or monitor treatment, and breast ultrasound
- Nurse navigators who partner with you through each step of treatment
- On-site genetic counselor to help determine if breast cancer runs in your family
- Certified lymphedema physical therapist to relieve swelling in arms or other areas that may occur from treatment
Chemotherapy at Saint Vincent
For chemotherapy infusions, we offer:
- On-site pharmacist during the week, with specially trained and oncology certified staff who work directly with your oncologist
- Convenient weekday hours
- Reclining chairs, personal televisions, free Wi-Fi, and complimentary snacks, meals, and beverages
On site medical oncology nurse navigator, nutritionist, social worker and financial counselor available to assist with all aspects of your care. Nurse navigators working directly with the patient’s oncology team.
In-patient oncology nurse navigators
Our partnership with the Regional Cancer Center provides you with access to the latest radiation therapies. The team finds the right option for you, to successfully treat cancer while minimizing harm to healthy tissue and limiting side effects.
St. Vincent Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Erie^ for Medical Excellence in Cancer Care
St. Vincent Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Erie^ for Patient Safety in Cancer Care
Source: 2019 CareChex® ‐‐ an information service of Quantros, Inc. October 2014 - September 2017
^No. 1 in Market Claims are based on CareChex® 2019 Composite Quality Scores and Ratings™ for acute care hospitals serving the combined statistical area (CSA) of Erie-Meadvill