This medical procedures lab is designed to provide medical residents with the procedural and technical skills necessary to effectively and efficiently perform a lumbar puncture using the proper techniques.
- Understand the indications for lumbar puncture
- Understand and recognize the possible serious adverse effects
- Demonstrate the basic approach and technique to perform a lumbar puncture
- Demonstrate proper setup for lumbar procedure including identification of contraindications and potential complications
- Demonstrate proper technique in performing lumbar puncture procedure
- Medical residents enrolled in Neurology Pre-Orientation