Welcome to simulation and faculty development onboarding. The purpose of these sessions are to provide you with the essential tools needed to design, plan and implement simulation as a teaching and learning tool into your clinical practice or curriculum. Throughout these courses, facilitators will begin to learn strategies that will create a thread of critical thinking and problem solving into each simulation scenario.
This simulation curricula has been divided into courses:
Upon completion of these curricula, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the principles of best practices in simulation education.
- Understand how to operate the STAR simulators, task trainers, software and equipment.
- Explain the importance of prebriefing and debriefing.
- Facilitate effective prebriefing and debriefing sessions using.
- Review scenario development with a STAR simulation specialist.
- Identify ways to incorporate realism into simulation with the use of moulage and standardized patients.