Applicants for the Complex General Surgical Oncology (CGSO) fellowship must meet the following educational qualifications:
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited general surgery residency program.
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the United States or Canada must have a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- At the time of entry into the fellowship program, all applicants will be board eligible or board certified general surgeons under the auspices of the American Board of Surgery.
All applicants will be expected to complete the application process through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®). Guidelines for submission can be found on the ERAS website.
The following documents should be included with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- ABSITE Scores
- USMLE Scores
- Recent Photograph
Applications will not be considered complete until all of the above-listed documents have been submitted electronically via ERAS.
All eligible, completed applications will be reviewed by faculty members. Candidates selected for interview will be notified in early April.
The CGSO will participate in the national match program that is administered by the National Resident Matching Program.