What is the timeline for your interview process?
- We conduct interviews during the month of November
- We begin to review applications starting August and invitations are sent throughout August and September.
Which visa types does your program accept?
Do you offer any pre-Match positions?
- No, we fill all positions through the Match.
Does your institution/program accept external rotations?
- Interested candidates can rotate with us on a first-come-first-serve basis. Request should be made early as spots are limited.
What is your accreditation status?
- Our Primary Care Sports Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Is there an on-site daycare center?
- Yes, we do offer on-site daycare across the street from Allegheny General Hospital.
Is there a meal allowance?
- Yes, our program includes a meal allowance.
Is there an on-site gym?
- Yes, both Allegheny General and West Penn Hospitals provide fitness centers for residents/fellows at no cost.
What teams/event do fellows cover?
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Baldwin Invitational
- NCAA Division II Tournaments
- Pittsburgh Rugby Club
- The Pittsburgh Great Race
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds Soccer
- Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball (including spring training coverage)
- Pittsburgh Thunderbirds
- Special Olympics
- Olympic Sports
- USA Boxing
- USA Rugby