Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®) only for the Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship. All completed applications are downloaded and reviewed by the Program Director. Those wishing to apply to the Infectious Disease/Nephrology Critical Care Track please apply through ERAS AGH Infectious Disease or Nephrology programs.
Completed application includes:
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (one from your Internal Medicine Residency Program Director).
- USMLE Scores: Steps 1, 2 and 3
- COMLEX Scores: Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Visa Requirements: The program accepts applicants with J-1 visa and Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Allegheny General Hospital does not sponsor applicants with H1B visa status.
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Green card status (if applicable)
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine selects from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal attributes such as motivation and integrity. The department opposes discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or military status.
Selection of candidates for positions is based on the following criteria:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Completed application form
- Appropriate academic performance in undergraduate/graduate medical education
- Letters of recommendation: Letters will be reviewed for evaluation of the candidate’s clinical skills, fund of knowledge, leadership skills, quality of research, professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated scholarly activity - completed abstracts, publications in peer reviewed journals, presentation at local/regional/national conferences.
- Personal interview with the Program Director and faculty members.
Each application will be reviewed and candidates selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail.
In accordance with the recommendations set forth by The Coalition for Physician Accountability's Work Group, all applicants will participate in virtual visits for the upcoming recruitment season. Interviews will take place in September and October. During the Zoom interview applicants will have the opportunity to meet with program leadership and fellows to discuss their goals and program goals. Additional information will be sent to those scheduled for an interview.
The Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP program code 1648156F0)
MyERAS website opens to applicants
ERAS post office opens for programs to receive applications
Sept: Invitations are sent to selected applicants
Sept & Oct: Interviews are conducted
Nov: Rank Order list closes
December: Match Day
July 1st: New fellows begin
Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
Sharon Mastele, Program Coordinator
Allegheny General Hospital
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
320 E North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Phone: (412) 359-5136
Fax: (412) 442-2139