Allegheny General Hospital
The summer volunteer program runs from June thru August. Applications are accepted from March – May.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to explore the health-care field before investing a lot of time and money in education. Try it out and see if you like it first – it may surprise you!
Each year at AGH, hundreds of high school and college students share a sincere interest in helping others by volunteering their time and talent for the benefit of AGH patients. At the same time, volunteers reap the rewards of an experience of a lifetime.
The AGH Volunteer Program provides a wonderful educational experience, an opportunity to serve others and a way for students to fulfill school community service requirements while gaining valuable work references.
Junior Volunteer Program
- Age: High School Students – You must be 16 years old to apply
- Summer Program Only – Runs from June thru August
- Interview, Orientation, TB Testing, Immunization Records, Uniform
- Minimum 50-hour commitment
College Student Volunteer Program
- Age: College Student 18 years and older
- Year round program—flexible scheduling
- Interview, Orientation, TB Testing, Immunization Records, Uniform, Criminal Background Check
- Minimum 50 Hour Commitment
Why Volunteer at AHN
Join our dedicated team of more than 2000 volunteers! A variety of meaningful volunteer opportunities are available with the Allegheny Health Network.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to bring happiness into the lives of others. We look forward to matching your talents and interests with one of our volunteer opportunities.
To submit your application, please click here or contact the appropriate hospital coordinator. The Allegheny Health Network follows all applicable equal opportunity laws and supports a diverse workplace, fostering communications and participation while providing reward and recognition for individual and team achievements. Our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination due to race, color, sex, sexual preference, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, income level or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or regulation.
Requirements for all potential volunteers
- Minimum age to volunteer is 16 years of age
- Completed online application form (please see below)
- Interview – To discuss your interests and opportunities available within the hospital
- Minimum of 50 hours commitment
- Attend orientation/training provided
- Health screening (TB testing and proof of immunity)
- Background clearance