Our Commitment to Being Earth Friendly
- We are removing Styrofoam from our patient units and the cafeteria.
- We are rolling out plastic bottle, aluminum can, and office paper recycling.·
- We are working with Infinite Electronics Recycling to recycle alkaline batteries.
- Our facilities department recycles scrap metal, light bulbs, and machine oils.
- Our IT team recycles all E-Waste (electronic waste), including toner cartridges.
- We have a disposable program for lead wires and SCF sleeves.· The Environmental Services (EVS) team, Dietary, and the OR use ecofriendly scrubbers.
- Our dietary team recycles all of their kitchen grease and we are exploring different options to eliminate paper straws.
- We began an office furniture and supply recyclable program housed in our materials management location. And, hospital furniture that is replaced is donated to various places such as Brothers/Brother and Global Links.