- Jefferson Hospital Home
- Visitor Information
- Patient Information
- Our Specialties
- Our Doctors
- Health & Wellness
- EMS Services
- Medical Staff
- Vendor Registration
- Employment Verification
Awards & Honors
Jefferson Hospital is nationally recognized as a provider of quality medical care, earning awards for care in stroke, orthopedics, vascular and open heart surgery and for reducing hospital-acquired infections. Jefferson Hospital has achieved the distinction as "One of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery," according to the latest study announced by HealthGrades®, the leading independent healthcare ratings organization.
- 2017 ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award
American Heart Association
- 2013 Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center Accreditation
The American Heart Association recognizes this hospital as a STEMI Receiving Center that met heart attack treatment criteria set by the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline program. Accreditation is provided by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
* Jefferson Hospital was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to receive this award.
American Heart Association
- 2012 Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award for Exceptional Heart Attack Care
The American Heart Association recognizes this hospital for achieving 85% or higher composite adherence to all Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center Performance Achievement indicators for consecutive 12-month intervals and 75% or higher compliance on all Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center quality measures to improve the quality of care for STEMI patients.
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- 2017 Get with the Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement award
- 2014 Get with the Guidelines® Silver Performance Achievement Award for Cardiac Care
- 2014 Get with the Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement and Target: Heart Failure Honor Roll
- 2013 Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement
- 2012 Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement
Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize this hospital for achieving 85% or higher adherence to all Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Performance Achievement indicators for consecutive 12 month intervals and 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get with the Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes in addition to achieving IV rt-PA door-to-needle times ≤ 60 minutes in 50% or more of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients (minimum of 6) during one calendar quarter.
2012 Get with the Guidelines® Heart Failure Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize this hospital for at least 12 consecutive months of 85% or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure Performance Achievement Indicators and at least 12 consecutive months of 75% or higher compliance with 4 of 9 Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Highest Three-Star Rating for Cardiac Surgical Quality Performance for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Joint Commission Certification for Total Knee and Hip Replacement.
- Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification for Primary Stroke Care.
- Joint Commission Certification for Outpatient Diagnostic Centers.
Women's Choice Award
- 2013 America's Best Hospitals in Orthopedics
Commission on Cancer/American College of Surgeons
2013 Jefferson Hospital earned a 3-year accreditation as a
Comprehensive Community Cancer Program, through July 2016
Aetna Institutes of Quality®
Jefferson Hospital is designated an Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) for Total Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery.