West Penn Hospital
Friendship Committee of West Penn Hospital
THE FRIENDSHIP COMMITTEE OF WEST PENN HOSPITAL NEEDS YOU!
The Friendship Committee of West Penn Hospital is dedicated to supporting West Penn Hospital, its patients, their families, visitors, and hospital staff. Members of the Friendship Committee include community volunteers, hospital staff, former and/or retired employees. Meetings of the organization are held four times a year.
The Friendship Committee of West Penn Hospital is the next generation of the Women’s Committee of West Penn Hospital. Since its inception in 1914, the Women’s Committee has raised millions of dollars to support Hospital programs through fundraising activities, gift shop operations, and other services. Founded on the principles of caring, hospitality and friendship, the Friendship Committee is extending its membership to all adults who share the desire to support the “Hospital built on Friendship.”
We invite you to help the Friendship Committee of West Penn Hospital grow and continue the proud legacy of the Women’s Committee in its successful support of the Hospital’s patients and their families, visitors, and staff.
HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help by participating on one of our subcommittees. The Friendship Committee has three subcommittees in addition to the Executive Committee:
- The Membership Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining an effective membership consistent with the purpose of the Friendship Committee and the interests of the Hospital.
- The Program Subcommittee is responsible for the education of the Members.
- The Ways and Means Committee is responsible developing and implementing fundraising activities in support of the hospital.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE FRIENDSHIP COMMITTEE OF WEST PENN HOSPITAL?
Volunteering is rewarding, both for volunteers and those assisted by their efforts. The Friendship Committee provides opportunities for personal growth and social interactions, which can have a positive impact on overall health and well-being, including:
- Helping others in need of support
- Giving back to the Hospital and the community
- Sharing your talents, abilities, and experiences
- Learning new skills
- Being a valued part of a team
- Making new friends and have fun!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete and return the application form. Annual membership dues are $20 and are based on the calendar year.
“Volunteers are not paid, not because they are worthless, because they are priceless.”
Director of Public Policy and Volunteering
National Council for Voluntary Organizations