Canonsburg Hospital Unveils Newest Addition to AHN’s LifeFlight Fleet
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Canonsburg Hospital showcases the new LifeFlight medical helicopter that will be based at the hospital. The newest addition to Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight fleet – and its first Airbus H135 P2+ aircraft – is quieter than the previous equipment that was based at the hospital. It will bear the tail number N978LF to commemorate LifeFlight’s launch in September 1978.
• Louise Urban, President and CEO, Canonsburg Hospital & Jefferson Hospital
• Bob McCaughan, Vice President, Prehospital Care Services, Allegheny Health Network
• Angela Costa, Vice President, Patient Care Services/CNO, Canonsburg Hospital
• Matthew Poremba, DO, Medical Director, LifeFlight
• Jim Palafoutas, Director of Operations, LifeFlight
• Mark Frey, Pilot, LifeFlight
• Kellie Chapman, Flight Nurse, LifeFlight
• Ryan Traeger, Flight Nurse, LifeFlight
• Regional public safety officials
Thursday, June 1, 2 to 4 p.m.
Canonsburg Hospital, Helipad
AHN’s LifeFlight, the first service of its kind in the eastern United States, has completed more than 70,000 missions in nearly 40 years of flying. Hospital-based air-medical transport programs that first took flight in the late 1970s are credited with significantly improving a critically injured patient’s chance of survival. They provide timely access to specialty life-saving interventions for people suffering from trauma, heart attacks, strokes, and other critical illnesses.