AHN Outpatient Center-Waterworks Opens
Thursday, July 26, 2018
New Facility Offers Convenient Access to Multiple Clinical Services Under One Roof
PITTSBURGH, Pa. (July 18, 2018) – Allegheny Health Network (AHN) today announced the grand opening of its new outpatient center in the Waterworks Mall, a 13,400-square foot multispecialty facility that will offer convenient community-based care to local residents, including state-of-the-art diagnostic and laboratory services.
AHN Outpatient Center – Waterworks is located at 923 Freeport Road in a former Old Navy store at the Waterworks Mall, which is partly in O’Hara Township and partly in the city of Pittsburgh, convenient to those communities, to the Fox Chapel and Aspinwall areas, and others who live along the Route 28 corridor. The center will employ approximately 35 people.
Services available at the new AHN Outpatient Center – Waterworks include:
- Obstetrician/gynecologist appointments with Century Medical Associates, with on-site ultrasound services provided by Allegheny Perinatal Associates.
- Orthopedic care provided by five physicians from Allegheny Orthopedic Associates, including an orthopedic sports performance specialist.
- Adult and pediatric primary care provided by AHN Primary Care – Fox Chapel physicians.
- General cardiology care, including echocardiograms, provided by Tri-County Cardiology.
- Blood draws and other advanced diagnostic services, including CT scans, MRI, Dexa scans for bone density, X-rays and 3-D mammography, advanced screening technology that provides multiple images of the breasts.
- An Express Care service - set to open in the coming weeks - that will allow local residents to receive care for non-critical health issues at a time when it best suits their schedule. The Express Care will be open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
“Our philosophy at Allegheny Health Network is to keep care in the community for our patients, where it’s more convenient, effective and affordable,” said Cynthia Hundorfean, AHN President and CEO. “This beautiful new outpatient center is the latest example of that commitment and of our continuing investments in a high-value, patient-centered model of care that provides the best patient experiences and outcomes.”
In the past year, AHN also opened a multi-disciplinary outpatient center in Hempfield Township and has broken ground on a new Health + Wellness Pavilion in Erie’s East Side neighborhood. The Network is also moving forward with plans to build four neighborhood hospitals, a new 160-bed full service hospital in Wexford, five comprehensive community cancer centers and a new Academic Cancer Center at Allegheny General Hospital. One of its neighborhood hospitals is planned for Harmar Township, complementing the outpatient services available at the Waterworks facility with nearby 24/7 emergency care and inpatient services.
These facilities are all part of Highmark Health and AHN’s investment of more than $1 billion in new facility construction and existing facility expansion and renovation over the next four to five years to further improve access to affordable, high-quality health care services in the Western Pennsylvania region. The investments are expected to ultimately create more than 800 new health care jobs in the region.
For appointments with physicians at AHN Outpatient Center – Waterworks, or for diagnostic testing or screening services at the facility, call 412.DOCTORS (412.362.8677)