Sports Performance for Baseball and Softball
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) offers youth baseball and softball players skill and physical training that’s on par with college and professional-level sports performance programs. Let AHN help your son/daughter build a more durable body and take their game to the next level.
Sports performance at Allegheny Health Network: Why choose us?
At AHN, our baseball roots run deep. Our instructors are former athletes who played at the high school, collegiate, and professional levels. We currently serve as coaches and instructors to baseball teams at all levels of play as well as many high school softball teams. Meet our orthopaedic and sports medicine team.
Our sports performance services for youth baseball and softball include:
- Individual pitching, fielding, and catching lessons
- Position-specific specialty camps and clinics, including focused training for pitching and batting
- Coaches educational clinics
- Batting cages for extra hitting practice
- Facility rentals for team practices and clinics
- An arm care program for learning proper throwing technique
Premier sports performance facilities: The AHN Sports Complex at Cool Springs
AHN is home to one of the top sports performance training facilities in Pennsylvania. Read more about the Sports Complex at Cool Springs.
Baseball and softball amenities at Cool Springs include:
- Four 35-foot hitting cages or two 70-foot hitting cages
- A 70-foot pitching tunnel
- Three pitching mounds (two adult-sized and one youth-sized)
- Turf space to practice field work
- Sliding mats to help athletes learn how to safely slide into base
Reducing the risk of injury for youth baseball and softball players
AHN is the official medical provider of the Pittsburg Pirates baseball team. Our experience from helping the pros bounce back after injury helps us train young athletes with an eye toward reducing the risk for future injuries.
We help athletes avoid common baseball and softball injuries, which include:
- Elbow problems, such as tendonitis and ligament (UCL) tears
- Knee problems, such as tendonitis, ligament and cartilage (meniscus) tears
- Shoulder problems, such as rotator cuff tendonitis and labrum tears
- Strained muscles, particularly in the shoulder, forearm, obliques and legs (quads, hamstrings, groins)
Additional sports performance services for young athletes
Baseball and softball training is one of the many ways we help young athletes perform their best. High school sports teams from across the region use our recovery services on a weekly basis. Recovery services include wearable technologies and hands-on services, such as assisted stretching, to help you recover faster. Find out more about our recovery services.
To learn more about our strength training services for baseball and softball, or to make a reservation, call 412.437.3094.