At Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, we know that a breast cancer diagnosis can be devastating. But you don’t have to face it alone. Our expert, compassionate team is with you at every step.
We work with you to find the treatment solution that meets your needs. We provide you with the most effective breast cancer treatment and help manage all aspects of your care along the way. Our robust support services include support groups, palliative care, and cancer genetics. These services help you live the best quality of life while you receive treatment. Learn more about our support services.
Patients come to the Cancer Institute for our expertise in diagnosis and advanced treatment options. Our team works with you, putting you at the center of everything we do.
At the Cancer Institute, you can expect:
- A team approach: Many specialists work together to coordinate the most effective treatment plan for you. You will meet with your entire care team within three days of your diagnosis. You get to move forward with your treatment as quickly as possible during this stressful time.
- Ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options: You have access to the latest, most innovative care dedicated to making you well. Our advanced treatment options include breast-conserving surgeries, precise radiation therapy, and targeted medical oncology like chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Quality breast care close to home: You don’t have to travel far to get the comprehensive care you need. You can focus your energy on your health, not on traveling.
- Second opinions for a complex diagnosis: An expert opinion can help you make informed, confident decisions about your care.
- A dedicated navigation team: Our committed navigation team helps you and your family understand your options and assists with the logistics of planning your care. It also provides emotional support. Find out more about our Navigation Team.
- Pre-surgery and rehab support: Our pre-surgery center offers physical therapy and educational support to make sure you are healthy before you have surgery. Our comprehensive rehab facility helps you make a full recovery. We assist you with pain management and nutrition counseling and help you adjust to any lifestyle changes after treatment.
- A convenient, after hours cancer clinic: AHN opened the first after-hours clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you experience side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our After Hours Oncology Clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. We treat you quickly, without exposing your compromised immune system to the germs you may encounter at a traditional emergency room. Plus, our clinic is more affordable than a visit to the ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip.
The country’s leading breast cancer organizations have recognized the Cancer Institute for our commitment to excellence, the hundreds of clinical trials we provide, and our stellar performance. Many prestigious organizations have acknowledged us:
- The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project
- The American College of Radiology
- The American Society for Radiation Oncology
We use the latest diagnostic technology to get you a precise diagnosis as quickly as possible. Learn more about our approach to breast cancer diagnosis.
Once you have a diagnosis, you meet with a team of breast cancer specialists within three days. They review your case to develop a personalized treatment plan, so you can move forward with your care as quickly as possible during this stressful time. You also benefit from the expertise of many different specialists customizing a treatment plan for you. Find out more about breast cancer treatment at the Cancer Institute.
Our team includes:
- Breast surgeons
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Genetic counselors
- Physical therapists
Call the AHN Cancer Help Line anytime at (412) NURSE-4-U (412) 687-7348 to schedule a cancer-related appointment or to just talk with our nurses about diagnoses, treatments, and side effects.