Here at Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, you are central to all we do. We provide an accurate, quick diagnosis so you don’t have to wait long for answers. Then we develop a personalized, comprehensive treatment plan that meets your needs.
Experienced rectal cancer experts work together to help you get well. We also offer robust support services, including support groups, palliative care, and cancer genetics.
Here’s what you’ll find at the Cancer Institute:
- Expert physicians: Our surgeons and medical oncologists have decades of experience treating rectal cancer. This high level of expertise means we can find the treatment solution that works for you.
- Patient-centered care: From the moment you enter our facility, you will work with our Navigation Team. They are available to answer all of your questions and help you schedule appointments seamlessly. They also work with you to develop a payment plan, apply for financial assistance, and keep track of necessary paperwork. We help lift the burden of logistics so you can focus on getting better.
- A convenient, after hours clinic: If you're having pain or other side effects, you'll get prompt treatment from one of our specialists instead of waiting in an emergency room. Learn more about our After Hours Oncology Clinic.
- Quality rectal cancer treatment close to home: You don’t have to travel far to get the comprehensive care you need. You can focus your energy on your health, not on traveling.
- Collaborative team: At our rectal cancer conference, experienced rectal cancer experts discuss complicated cases. You benefit from the experience of many different experts, including:
- Subspecialist surgeons (surgeons who undergo specialized training in surgery for rectal cancer)
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Research coordinators
- Social workers
Our physicians and medical oncologists use sophisticated technology to get a precise diagnosis. Find out more about rectal cancer diagnosis.
Once we have an accurate diagnosis, it’s time to begin treatment. Your team works with you to determine the best course of action. Every step of the way, our Navigation Team will support you. Your personalized treatment options may include surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy. Learn more about our approach to rectal cancer treatment.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN cancer services.