Although skin cancer is common, it can be dangerous. In particular, melanoma is an aggressive form of cancer that can spread quickly. We provide cutting-edge care that’s as effective as it is compassionate. We offer:
- Minimally invasive treatment: We use minimally invasive treatments to target the cancer and help you recover faster. We perform the innovative Mohs surgery to remove only the cancerous skin and preserve the healthy tissue. This rapid treatment has the highest cure rate for certain skin cancers.
- Advanced diagnostic technologies: Our team uses pioneering techniques like sentinel lymph node mapping to treat more aggressive types of skin cancer, like melanoma. We remove the lymph node closest to the melanoma to determine the cancer’s stage and plan an effective treatment.
- Collaborative team: Our skilled surgeons and pathologists interact closely with our growing dermatology staff. Our diverse, experienced team works as a group to treat you. This well-integrated approach ensures you receive careful and comprehensive treatment.
- Patient-centered care: A Navigation Team is available to coordinate logistics, answer questions about symptoms and treatment, and offer support to you and your family. Our robust support services, including support groups, electronic medical records, palliative care, and cancer genetics, provide care for the whole person.
- A convenient, after hours cancer clinic: AHN opened the first After Hours Oncology Clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you are experiencing side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. We treat you quickly without exposing your compromised immune system to the germs you may encounter at a traditional emergency room. Plus, our clinic is more affordable than a visit to the ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip.
At AHN, we use the latest technologies to detect skin cancer at its earliest and most curable stages. We’re committed to community care, so we offer routine skin cancer screenings multiple times a year at our various locations and at health fairs. Find out more about skin cancer diagnosis.
Once we diagnose skin cancer, we use novel treatment approaches like Mohs and lymph node mapping to remove the cancer and to stop it from spreading. Learn more about our approach to skin cancer treatment.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN cancer services.