Our specialists are highly regarded nationally for their expertise in neuromuscular disorders. Since 2003, our ALS Center has helped hundreds of patients maximize their abilities, experience symptom relief, and live longer lives.
We will support you through the physical and emotional challenges this condition presents, tailoring your care plan to your circumstances.
ALS Certified Treatment Center of Excellence
Allegheny General Hospital – Professional Building
490 East North Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Patients and families choose AHN for our:
- Neuromuscular expertise: Our specialists are highly regarded nationally for their expertise in neuromuscular disorders. Since 2003, our ALS Center has helped hundreds of patients maximize their abilities, experience symptom relief, and live longer lives.
- Team approach: At AHN’s ALS Center, physicians work closely with respiratory and other therapists, nutrition experts, and mental health specialists to address all your needs – in one place.
- Novel therapies: We were the first health system in the United States to offer patients the new treatment Radicava®, an intravenous (IV) medication. At AHN, you have access to a range of therapies, including new medications, before they are widely available.
- Coordinated care: Dedicated team members help you navigate health insurance authorization programs so you can start benefiting from new therapies sooner. And when a medication requires in-home support, we send caring nurses to your home to monitor your health and provide support.
- Focus on neuroscience research: Our neuromuscular specialists are active in ongoing ALS research. We are studying new medications and technologies, such as hand splints and speech devices, that can help improve the lives of people affected by ALS. Another study, Project Uplift, provides emotional support to caregivers of people with ALS.
- Extensive support services: Our mental health specialists help patients and their families develop coping strategies to deal with the emotional challenges of ALS. We can also coordinate resources to make a patient’s home handicap accessible.
Call (412) 359-8850 to schedule an appointment at the AHN ALS Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. You also can call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment about AHN neuroscience services.