Dental implants are meant to serve as a type of artificial tooth root. They offer the closest thing (in look and function) to your real teeth.
During dental implant surgery, a surgeon:
- Places the implant into your jawbone — it stays in place because it bonds with the bone that’s there
- Attaches an artificial tooth (called a crown) to the implant
- Secures the crown with a connective piece called an abutment
Many dentistry professionals see dental implants as the future of dentistry care. They feel this way because implants are effective and can solve many dental problems. Dental implant surgery is largely considered a safe and effective treatment when performed by a trained physician.
At AHN’s Oral Maxillofacial Surgical Center, our surgeons provide comprehensive dental implant evaluation and treatment services. Our team can help you find right dental implant option that’s right for you.
People choose us for dental implants because of our:
- Surgical expertise: At AHN, our surgeons are trained dentists who received an extra four to five years of medical training. Each is board-certified in oral and maxillofacial surgery. This level of education and skill means they can care for the most complex cases.
- Focus on safety: At our center, dedicated OMFS specialists, including highly trained nurses and anesthesiologists, care for you. This environment and their experience ensures your safety is our No. 1 priority.
- The latest implants: We offer all the latest dental implant options and are well-versed in the benefits and potential drawbacks of each. We can help you decide which type of dental implant best fits your needs, budget, and circumstances.
- Convenience: We offer comprehensive dental implant services at locations throughout the tri-state area. Because we have multiple surgeons on our team, we can schedule appointments quickly so you can be seen sooner. Our dental expertise is never too far from where you are.
Dental implants act as artificial tooth roots to restore one to all missing teeth. Learn more about the variety of dental implant options on the Dental Implant Surgery website.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN dental implant services.