Certain symptoms relating to urinary and sexual health, including erectile dysfunction and difficulty urinating, aren’t always easy to bring up with your physician. At Allegheny Health Network’s (AHN) Center for Men’s Health and Genitourinary Reconstruction, we make it easier to prioritize your health.
When you come to our center, you’ll be evaluated by specialists who have extra training in men’s unique urologic and reproductive needs. Physicians in the tri-state area send their complex cases to us because of this expertise. And we coordinate your care so you get more answers and symptom relief in fewer appointments.
At our center, men receive medical expertise plus the convenience of managing several aspects of your care at one time. Men consistently choose us for their urologic and reproductive care because of our:
- Urology expertise: Our entire team of urology physicians is board-certified, which shows their high level of training and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of urologic conditions. Several members of our team have undergone additional (fellowship) training, which helps them care for complex problems. All specialists at our center are well-versed in men’s health issues, such as erectile dysfunction, low testosterone levels, and male infertility.
- Treatment innovations: Our urology physicians are always pursuing new treatment advances. For example, our surgeons use the latest methods to treat urethral strictures (narrowing of the urethra that makes urination difficult) and other complex problems. Also, AHN physicians were the first to develop cryosurgical techniques (killing cancer cells by freezing them) to treat prostate cancer. We’ll recommend the medical or surgical therapies that will get you the best results. Learn more about the AHN Cancer Institute.
- Team mindset: Our urologists pioneered multidisciplinary urology care more than 30 years ago. That often means you see more than one specialist in a visit or that several specialists consult to come up with the best treatment plan for you. We’ve mastered how to work with different clinicians for our ultimate end goal: helping you optimize your body’s physical, sexual, and reproductive health.
- Personalized treatment plans: Our one-stop shop doesn’t mean one-size-fits-all. Your treatment plan will be unique to you, and it will account for what matters most to you — including your lifestyle and emotional needs.
- Convenience: At our center, you get specialized care for complex urologic and reproductive problems in one place. Physicians with different areas of expertise work closely together in one location. This setup leads to faster diagnoses and treatments for our patients.
Men have unique health care needs. At our center, we help you manage some of your most personal concerns.
Prostate cancer screening and treatment planning
We take a targeted approach to prostate cancer screening. To do this, we share with you the benefits and risks involved with screening, such as detecting a cancer that’s unlikely to affect your health. We’ll help you decide when (or whether) you should get screened.
If you’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer, we’ll help you decide on the right treatment plan for your circumstances. We can also help you manage potential side effects from treatment, such as problems with urination or sexual function.
Learn more about how we treat prostate cancer.
Erectile dysfunction and men’s sexual health
Sexual function concerns, such as erectile dysfunction (ED), are often symptoms of a bigger problem, such as heart disease or obesity. We pinpoint the cause of your problem instead of only focusing on the symptoms.
Our ED treatments include:
- Oral medications
- Injection therapies
- Penile implant (prosthetic) surgery
Male infertility and reproductive health
We provide complete diagnostic and treatment services for low testosterone and male infertility. We also offer medical and surgical therapies for genital abnormalities, including Peyronie’s disease (penile curvature).
Our specialists are skilled in performing male genitourinary reconstruction surgery. This surgery can effectively treat conditions that include:
- Buried (hidden) penis
- Genitourinary lymphedema, or swelling in the legs and lower body
- Urinary fistulas, holes that develop in the bladder or nearby organs
We also provide advanced surgical options for prosthetics including:
- Inflatable penile implants
- Urethral slings, which support the urethra and prevent urine leakage
- Artificial urinary sphincters, a surgical incontinence treatment
Male urinary problems
Difficulty urinating, rushing to the bathroom, leaking, and having to urinate too often: Urinary problems aren’t all caused by the same thing. We get to the root of the problem and offer a variety of treatments, including medications and the latest surgeries.
For men who have a urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra), our surgeons have years of experience using the latest surgical techniques to perform complicated procedures, such as urethroplasty and buccal mucosal grafts.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN men’s urology services.