Why choose our inpatient acute rehabilitation services?
Because our rehabilitation units are located within acute care hospitals, there are doctors on-site 24 hours a day in case of an emergency. In addition, you will have easy access to specialists, and often the doctor who cared for you while you were in the acute hospital may also continue to follow you while you are in rehabilitation.
AHN acute rehabilitation programs offer the following services and amenities for a pleasant and productive stay, to return you as quickly as possible to the best quality of life:
- Intensive physical, occupational and/or speech therapy (a total of 3 hours a day, at least 5 days a week)
- Nursing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by certified rehabilitation registered nurses (CRRNs)
- Coordinated plan of care by a multidisciplinary team, including your rehab doctor and case manager/social worker, nurses, therapists and other professionals
- Regular team meetings and meetings with you/your family to keep your rehabilitation on track and get you back to your own life as soon as possible
- Modern technology to make rehab enjoyable as well as effective
- Large, comfortable community room or lounge where you may eat your meals, socialize and entertain your family and visitors
- Daily meal plan for each patient that keeps in mind the patient’s food preferences and current medical need