Why AHN Hospitals
Recognized for Top Quality Care
Our seven hospitals, located throughout the region, provide easy access to emergency care. If needed, LifeFlight helicopters and local ambulance services can rapidly get you to the right place for the right care.
- Allegheny General Hospital serves five states as a Level I Shock Trauma Center (the highest certification available). Our LifeFlight program was the first air medical service established in the northeastern United States. Allegheny General is a national leader in cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, and orthopaedic and rehabilitation care.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital has a newly renovated emergency care department, which treats over 39,000 emergency patients each year and is known for outstanding and award winning heart failure and stroke care.
- Canonsburg Hospital has an integrated team of physicians who are regularly recognized as the area’s “Top Doctors.” The hospital has been certified by the Joint Commission for its emergency services.
- Forbes Hospital's newly renovated emergency room is a 38-bed acute care trauma emergency center, all of which have cardiac monitoring capabilities. Forbes specializes in the emergent care of children and adults of all ages, and is a primary stroke center. Forbes’ Level II Trauma center has 24-hour availability of board-certified trauma surgeons and specially-trained healthcare providers who have expertise in the care of severely injured patients. The emergency department is staffed with experienced board-certified emergency medicine physicians and physician assistants. Forbes earned Chest Pain Center accreditation for heart treatment and heart surgery capabilities and is one of only two hospitals in western Pennsylvania with trauma and obstetrics capabilities. Forbes also recently added a dedicated patient transport elevator tower.
- Jefferson Hospital has been certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, achieving exceptional outcomes for stroke patients. Jefferson Hospital Quick Care, a fast-track treatment area, speeds care of minor medical conditions that are urgent, but not life-threatening.
- Saint Vincent Hospital has an emergency medicine residency program that uses the experience and expertise of our emergency physicians to guide doctors in training to specialize in emergency medicine. Patients benefit from the very latest in emergency medicine technology and more physicians staffing the emergency department.
- West Penn Hospital has an advanced triage system that allows the emergency care staff to coordinate and see patients quickly for shorter wait times. The West Penn Burn Center is the only certified center for excellence in burn management for adults and children in western Pa. It has also been certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.
When medical attention can't wait, call 911 or go directly to one of our AHN emergency rooms for fast, compassionate, and advanced medical care.