Healthcare at Home
Our highest calling is to provide comfort and compassionate care to those facing end of life by meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the whole person and their loved ones.
Allegheny Health Network’s Healthcare @ Home Hospice program has a philosophy of care recognizing death as the final stage of life. At this sacred time, our purpose is to enable patients to continue an alert, pain-free life and to manage other symptoms so they may live each day with dignity. We value the quality of life even more than the duration of this journey together. Our mission-focused hospice care is not about death; it is about living life as fully as possible. At Allegheny Health Network, we affirm life and do not hasten or postpone death. It is our privilege to care for our patients and their loved ones as if they were our own.
We offer services, such as:
- Pain and symptom relief
- Medications, equipment and supplies
- Personal care
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Education for caregiving at home
- Caregiver respite
- 24/7 availability
- Volunteer support
- Bereavement support groups
- Individual and family grief counseling
In addition, Allegheny Health Network’s Healthcare @ Home program offers hospice services in the care setting that best meets the needs of each patient and their families, including:
- In the home. Most hospice care occurs in the home and will be provided by our staff of specialty-trained nurses. In the hospital. Allegheny Health Network’s Healthcare @ Home program has taken great pride in providing a comfortable, home-like environment in our inpatient units. The role of hospice inpatient care is to provide a focused approach to the management of pain and other symptoms that may be difficult to manage in a patient’s home.
- Regional Home Health & Hospice. We also provide hospice care for patients living in the Erie area.
To Reach Us
To arrange for hospice care services, please call 1.800.381.8080.