The Positive Health Clinic (PHC) is a comprehensive HIV primary care clinic providing state-of-the-art care to HIV-positive persons. We are staffed by five infectious disease physicians, a pharmacist, two nurse practitioners as well as a multidisciplinary support team from Allegheny General Hospital. The clinic is open Monday through Friday and one evening each month. Additional support staff include nurses and medical assistants, social workers, mental health therapists, psychiatrists and patient advocates. Our team treats more than 750 patients and has extensive experience with all aspects of HIV management.
The PHC receives federal Ryan White Care Act funding, allowing us to provide a wide range of primary and specialized HIV care, regardless of an individual's medical insurance coverage or ability to pay.
- Comprehensive HIV care to adult men and women and referral for additional specialized care
- Rapid HIV testing and counseling and partner testing
- Medication adherence counseling and pharmacy support
- Gynecologic care
- Nutritional assessment and counseling by a Registered Dietitian
- Treatment for persons co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Smoking cessation programs
- Mental health assessment, counseling and psychiatric support
- Case-management for non-medical needs
Our staff will assist with financial or social issues that can interfere with medical care.
The Positive Health Clinic is located near Allegheny General Hospital, in the Federal North Medical Building at 1307 Federal Street. We also see patients once a month in Aliquippa, PA.
If you are interested in HIV care or HIV testing, please call us at 412.359.3360 or 1.866.433.0348.