The Positive Health Clinic (PHC) is a comprehensive HIV primary care clinic providing state-of-the-art care to HIV-positive persons. The PHC is a designated patient-centered medical home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), meaning that we work hard to maintain engaging and personal patient relationships. We believe in providing healthcare that puts you, the patient, at the center. We are staffed by infectious disease physician, internal and family medicine physicians, mid-level providers, pharmacists, as well as a multidisciplinary support team from Allegheny General Hospital. The clinic is open Monday through Friday and one evening each month. Additional support staff include nurses and medical assistants, social workers, patient navigators, mental health therapists, psychiatrists and a registered dietician. Our team treats more than 900 patients and has extensive experience with all aspects of HIV management. The PHC offers onsite clinical trials.
The PHC receives federal Ryan White Care Act funding, allowing us to provide a wide range of primary and specialized HIV care, regardless of an individual's medical insurance coverage or ability to pay.
- Comprehensive HIV care to adult men and women and referral for additional specialized care
- Rapid HIV testing and counseling and partner testing
- Rapid ART program
- Medication adherence counseling and pharmacy support
- Gynecologic care
- Nutritional assessment and counseling by a Registered Dietitian
- Treatment for persons co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C.\
- High resolution anoscopy
- Smoking cessation programs
- Mental health assessment, counseling and psychiatric support
- Case-management for non-medical needs
- Assistance with applications for medical insurance and benefit programs
- Referral to clinical trials
- Patient advocacy and peer support
- HIV wellness classes and patient support groups
- Transportation assistance
Our staff will assist with financial or social issues that can interfere with medical care.
The Positive Health Clinic is located near Allegheny General Hospital, in the Federal North Medical Building at 1307 Federal Street. We also see patients once a month in Aliquippa, PA.
If you are interested in HIV care or HIV testing, please call us at 412.359.3360 or 1.866.433.0348.
1307 Federal Street
Suite B110 and Suite 301
Pittsburgh, PA. 15212
99 Autumn Street
Aliquippa, PA. 15001
Forbes Family Medicine
2550 Mosside Blvd
Monroeville, PA. 15001