Integrative Medicine is the integration of conventional medicine along with complementary and alternative medicine or traditional whole body systems of healing.
We work with patients to create individualized treatment plans, using the best possible treatments from both complementary and alternative (CAM) and allopathic medicine based on patients individual needs, the condition, and the scientific evidence for these approaches.
Integrative medicine involves:
- Removing barriers that may activate the body’s innate healing response.
- Using natural, less invasive interventions before costly, invasive ones when possible.
- Engaging mind, body, spirit,and community to facilitate healing and creating optimal healing environments.
- Maintaining that healing is always possible, even when curing is not.
Integrative Medicine Services
Integrative Medicine Evaluations
Lavanya Karri, MD offers Integrative Medicine consultations to help patients develop individualized treatment plans / lifestyle approaches for better prevention, treatment, and management of chronic medical illnesses including:
- Heart Disease
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Behavioral conditions including anxiety, depression, and insomnia
Dr. Karri offers nutrition evaluations/consultations to help patients better manage:
- Their Weight
- Chronic medical illnesses including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and hypertension
- Gastroenterological illnesses, including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and acid reflux
- Women's health concerns, including menopause
- Stress Reduction tools
- Progressive Relaxation
- Reiki/Guided Imagery
- Breath work
Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Tai Chi
Other specialty areas include:
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Homeopathic medicine
- Physical therapy/Chiropractic services
- Manual Medicine/Massage Therapy
- Psychology services
- Pet Therapy
- Community Events including education sessions and workshops