Allegheny Health Network offers a wide variety of educational programs for health-care professionals.
LifeFlight Observer Program
- Covers the responsibilities and practices of LifeFlight crew members
- Procedures of the air medical communications center
- Systems of organization and paging for the trauma resuscitation team
- Procedures for landing helicopters at scenes of emergency with a focus on potential hazards
Prerequisites and qualifications
To participate in the LifeFlight Observer Program, pre-hospital care staff members must:
- Work in public safety and are currently affiliated with an ambulance service, fire department or police department.
- Weigh less than 200 pounds and be no taller than 6 feet, 3 inches
- Be free of, or show stability and control of, any serious medical conditions, such as diabetes, heart-disease or asthma.
Site Visit Requests
On occasion, LifeFlight will display one of the helicopters at a Public Safety event. These site visits MUST be scheduled at least 7 days in advance and are subject to cancellation at any time. To be considered for a site visit, you must be affiliated with a Hospital or Public Safety entity.
Metro Aviation, Inc. operates the 5 helicopters in the LifeFlight program.