Allegheny Health Network outpatient psychiatry services include a full spectrum of care, from evaluation and diagnosis of illness to therapy and medication management. For more information on outpatient services at a facility near you, click on a location below.
Allegheny General Hospital412.330.4000
Jefferson Hospital 412.881.2255
Our trained, certified, and compassionate behavioral health care specialists can provide the help and support you need to manage life’s challenges and help you feel good again.
Outpatient Counseling and Wellness
Jefferson Hospital Counseling and Wellness Services, with locations throughout the South Hills of Pittsburgh, provide access to the behavioral health care specialists of Jefferson Hospital.
We offer assessment and therapy services for mental and emotional health issues including depression, anxiety, panic disorders and phobias, stress, grief, dementia, marital and family problems, trauma, abuse, self-esteem development and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
One or several therapy services may be used in our individualized treatment plans:
- Comprehensive Assessment: we provide psychiatric, psychological, and psychosocial evaluations.
- Counseling and Psychotherapy: we work toward clarification and resolution of significant life issues and challenges for individuals, couples, families, and groups. (Learn More)
- Hypnotherapy and Guided Imagery: our guided sessions help: to relieve pain, anxiety, and nausea; with smoking cessation; and with weight management. (Learn More)
- Stress Management/Relaxation Therapy: our programs use techniques to reduce anxiety, tension, and stress, and develop effective management strategies. (Learn More)
- Medication Therapy: medications are prescribed and monitored by a board-certified psychiatrist.
Appointments can be made by calling 412.881.2255 and arranged based on your schedule.
Intensive Outpatient Program
In addition to weekly therapy, Jefferson Hospital's Intensive Outpatient Program offers more intensive levels of support and care for patients following hospitalization.
Our program consists of up to nine hours of therapy per week; treatment may include spiritual counseling, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, recreational therapy, psychological assessment, psychiatric consultation and care, and family counseling. For more information call 412.881.2255.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employers and employees have access to the medical and behavioral health care needed to return to optimal health and productivity. We provide counseling services for employees, consultations regarding behavioral health issues to management, and training programs for such topics as stress management. For information call 412-881-2255.
When Should I use Behavioral Health Services?
People seek behavioral health services for many reasons. Here are some of the issues for which our specialists can provide help.
Psychological Assessment of Mental Health
- Anxiety or Depression
- Panic Disorders or Phobias
- Adolescent Concerns
- Grief or Stress Management
- Marital or Family Problems
- Survivors of Trauma or Abuse
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Senior Issues/Dementia
Psychological Aspects of Medical Issues
- Cancer-Related Conditions
- Cardiac Disorders/Hypertension
- Chronic Pain
- Sexual Issues/Problems
- Skin Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Recovery
- Weight Management
- Chronic Fatigue
Classes & Events