Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute
Designed with kids in mind
When your children need to see a doctor, you want a healthcare team who can give them the best possible care and who understands their unique needs. At the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute, we know that having a caring bedside manner is as important as providing the right medical advice.
Our friendly doctors, clinicians, and staff make parents and children feel at ease during visits. Young patients are treated using the latest techniques that enable normal growth and development and a speedy return to their active lives.
We also develop a personalized plan of care for each patient coordinated by teams of physicians, therapists, surgeons, and other specialists. While we are caring for your child, you can count on us to answer questions, provide support, and listen to your concerns.
State-of-the-art facilities in Wexford
The Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute in Wexford, PA, brings together a highly skilled group of orthopaedic specialists to treat a wide range of neuromusculoskeletal injuries and conditions. Through our knowledge, research, and use of the latest technology, we provide leading-edge care for infants, children, and young adults up to age 22.
We take a unique, holistic approach with our young patients from evaluation and diagnosis, through treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation, if necessary. We combine compassionate care with proven, technological advancements and treat your children as if they were our own. Our modern, state-of-the-art facilities were designed with kids in mind.
Orthopaedic services for young patients
All of the services your child may need are under one roof.
- Comprehensive evaluation, plans of care, and treatment
- Disease management
- Preventive care
- Procedures – injections, osteopathic procedures, and serial casting
- Surgical planning
- Post-operative care and planning
- Casting and splinting
- Durable medical equipment (DME) for bracing, crutches, and other assistive devices
- Custom bracing, orthotics, and prosthesis
- Pediatric treatment to aid a return to sports, activities, and full function
- State-of-the-art imaging
- Digital X-rays
- EOS X-rays (for alignment and scoliosis)
- Musculoskeletal ultrasounds
- Infant hip ultrasounds
- We can arrange for additional outpatient testing, if needed:
- Bloodwork or laboratory studies
- Bone scan
- CT scan