Childbirth Education at Saint Vincent Hospital
e-Learning Childbirth Classes
As an expectant parent, you know the importance of preparing for childbirth and all the other "firsts" that come with being a parent. But, all too often, busy schedules can make it difficult to attend a class. Saint Vincent has responded to this challenge by making a series of online childbirth education classes available to you.
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is a convenient alternative for expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
The eLearning program includes:
• Access to online class materials for a six-week period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
• An accompanying Gift of Motherhood handbook for parents, available after registration.
• A labor and delivery tour of Saint Vincent's sparkling new Mother and Baby Center, where you will deliver your baby. Call 814-452-5225 to schedule a tour.
• The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators via e-mail to answer brief questions.
• Childbirth education and labor support
• Discomforts of pregnancy
• Understanding labor and birth
• Labor guide
• Caring for yourself postpartum
• Feeding your newborn
• Caring for your newborn
• What to expect when giving birth at Saint Vincent
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To sign up, simple click the "Register for Class" button below. This will lead you to a site where you can sign up and make your payment. Once you have paid, you will be contacted via e-mail by Kim Amon, RN, our maternal/child nurse educator, who will provide you an access code and mail you a hard copy of the electronic book you will see in your class online. Please allow 24 hours for this to occur. Once you get the access code, please click the button that reads "Already registered? Log in here" and input your access code. You'll be ready to learn! If you do not hear from Kim, please contact her at 814-452-5255 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.