Gynecology at Jefferson Hospital
Women’s Health Services specializes in the comprehensive care of the unique healthcare needs of women at every stage of their lives, from the first pelvic examination through the post-menopause years and beyond. Our Gynecologic Services include well-woman care including pelvic and breast examinations, and Gardisil™ injections.
Conditions We Treat
- Pelvic pain and pelvic inflammatory disease
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary disease
- Irregular menstrual cycles/amenorrhea
- Ovarian masses and cysts
- Sexually transmitted infections and disease
- Gynecologic oncology
- Specialty services
- Midlife and menopausal care, including hormone replacement therapies
- Genetic testing for patients at high risk for breast and gynecologic cancers
- Heart Care for Women, including screening for cardiovascular risk
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis
- Gynecologic surgery
The gynecologic surgeons of Women’s Health Services are supported by the full medical and surgical resources of Jefferson Hospital, including our new, 25,000 sq. foot state-of-the-art surgical suites, which include an on-site pathology lab, high-definition video imaging systems, a satellite pharmacy and the ability to support the latest minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries performed by a team of dedicated surgeons include endometrial ablation and cauterization, laparoscopic treatment of uterine fibroids and laparoscopic hysterectomies. Most gynecologic surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis; surgical inpatients enjoy the healing and quiet of private patient rooms.
To find a doctor, make an appointment or to learn more about our program, call 412.DOCTORS (412.362.8677) (412.362.8677).