Robotic Surgery at West Penn Hospital
West Penn Hospital performs a variety of procedures using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
The da Vinci® Surgical System enables surgeons to use 3D visualization to translate their hand movements at the console into corresponding micro-movements of instruments positioned inside the patient.
The intuitive interface and the size of the endowrist instruments allows operation through smaller incisions and provides surgeons with better visualization, precision and control than with open surgery. For patients, this means improved clinical outcomes due to:
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and return to normal daily activities
- Less scarring and improved cosmesis
Talk to your surgeon about whether surgery with the da Vinci® might be right for you.