The information provided on this site is intended solely to further the public's general knowledge of the work of the Foundation. Every effort has been made by the author(s) to provide accurate, up-to-date information. By using the information contained herein, the viewer willingly assumes all risks in connection with such use. Neither the author nor the Foundation shall be held responsible for errors, omissions in information herein or liable for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting, in whole or in part, from any viewer(s)' use of or reliance upon, this material.
The Foundation is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of those who use this website. We respect your privacy interests and so operate this site by these principles, and we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide. You should understand, however, that electronic transmissions via the Internet are not necessarily secure from interception and so we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
You may use the West Penn Hospital Foundation website without disclosing personally identifiable information. We want to be clear that we will not obtain such information about you unless you choose to submit it to us. For example, if you email your comments, that identifies your email address.
Here is a list of the information we collect:
- The web server of the Foundation website collects and saves the default information customarily logged by World Wide Web server software, i.e., date and time, originating IP address and domain name (the unique address assigned to your internet service provider's computer that connects to the internet), but not the email address of visitors to our web page.
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
- Information on what pages users access or visit.
- Information volunteered by the user, such as survey information.
This information may be kept for an indefinite amount of time, used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the data on our servers.
What we do with the information we collect:
- Help improve our service by evaluating the "traffic" to our site in terms of number of unique visitors, level of demand and most popular page requests.
- If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive mail from us with information regarding requests you have submitted online and other fundraising information.
- If you supply us with your telephone numbers online, you may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding requests you have submitted online and other fundraising information.
- If you supply us with your email address online, you may receive email from us with information regarding requests you have submitted online and other fundraising information.
- Information is not shared with any other organizations. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations or other facially valid legal processes, we will not share any information we receive with any parties outside of the Foundation.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our privacy policies or practices, we would like to know what they are so we can address them. Please contact us at West Penn Hospital Foundation, 4818 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, 412.578.4427 or email us at email@example.com