Saint Vincent Hospital
Volunteerism. It is the spirit behind the very founding of Saint Vincent Hospital in 1875. After a man fell and shattered his ankle in front of the Sisters of Saint Joseph Orphanage and Motherhouse, a group of sisters gave of their own time to take care of him, and it was from that single act of volunteerism that Saint Vincent emerged. The Saint Vincent volunteers have been providing support to Saint Vincent since 1900.
That spirit still thrives today with close to 300 volunteers - from high school age to senior citizens - who serve Saint Vincent Hospital. Often, these men and women are the very first people a patient or visitor encounters when they enter Saint Vincent. They are the caring, compassionate, welcoming face of the Hospital, donating nearly 18,000 hours of service annually.
Volunteers at Saint Vincent gain valuable experience by working with a variety of health care professionals at a nationally recognized organization. Saint Vincent provides an opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge and enrich your life while assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Hospital. Volunteers commit to a definite amount of time on a regular basis and every effort is made to place them in their area of interest. Please contact us today to explore the volunteer opportunities waiting for you at Saint Vincent Hospital.
Benefits to Volunteers
- Free parking
- Complimentary Saint Vincent polo shirt as part of uniform
- Complimentary coffee at Café 905
- 20% discount in the Saint Vincent Inspired Gift Shop
- 25% discount on the listed price of over-the-counter products at PharmSV (does not include prescriptions)
- Discounted monthly membership rate at the Saint Vincent Fitness Center
- SV PERKS Program - Variety of discounts from Saint Vincent's business partners
- Annual Appreciation and Service Recognition Event
- Opportunity to attend special events throughout the year
- Networking opportunities