Medical Records

If you need to request copies of your AHN medical records, you have three simple options to choose from.

Make the request digitally through MyChart

With a MyChart account, you can fill out the necessary form and send everything electronically — getting the information you need even faster. Follow these steps:

  • Log in to MyChart within a web browser.
  • Under the Your Menu tab, click Request Medical Record.
  • Fill out the fields on the form page, sign electronically, and submit.
  • You can view your requested records in the Document Center once they've been released.

Complete an authorization form

Don’t have a MyChart account? No problem. You can still request your medical records or transfer your records from a previous provider to AHN by filling out a form.

  • Download the Release of Protected Health Information form.
  • Carefully fill out each section of the form. Under the “information will be released to…” section, you will either A) fill out your personal information if you want the copy of your medical records or B) fill out the doctor or medical facility where you’d like your records sent. 
  • Once you’ve completed the form, you can mail it to the provider or facility, fax it in, or bring it with you to your next doctor’s appointment. 

AHN hospital information is listed on the final page of the form. If you need to find a specific provider or facility, search here

New York state resident? If you need records from Westfield Memorial Hospital, or are looking to transfer records to the facility, you must use this form.

Call your doctor, hospital, or other medical facility

If at any point you have questions about requesting information, or you need guidance filling out the necessary forms, reach out to the specific doctor or facility. 

Allegheny General Hospital:
(412) 359-4234

Allegheny Valley Hospital:
(724) 226-7095

Canonsburg Hospital:
(724) 745-6100, request the Medical Records department

Forbes Hospital:
(412) 8