AHN Neurosurgical Interest Group
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Neurosurgical Interest Group (NSIG) is open to all students, including medical students and undergraduate students, interested in neurosurgery.
- Do you wonder what a day in the life of a neurosurgeon is like?
- Are you curious about how many years of schooling and training a neurosurgeon must complete in order to be fully trained?
- Are you intrigued by the neurosciences? Do you wonder what opportunities there are for surgeons within the field?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above, please consider attending our meetings.
An Introduction to Neurosurgery
The NSIG meets quarterly each year to offer students who are interested in the neurosciences a better understanding of the field. Residents and attending physicians lead discussions and answer commonly asked questions. Students interact with nationally renowned neurosurgeons and learn more about the rapidly advancing field of neuroscience. Topics include:
- Treating neurological diseases and conditions
- The path to becoming a neurosurgeon
- Neurosurgical subspecialties
- Clinical and research opportunities through the AHN Department of Neurosurgery
- Preparing for Sub-Internships
NSIG Meeting Schedule
If you have any questions regarding the NSIG or would like to sign up for email updates, please contact Deb Musico at Deborah.Musico@ahn.org.