LPNs applying for LPN to RN track are required to have:
- Verification of current Pennsylvania Practical Nurse licensure
- A cumulative point average of 2.0 or better in practical nursing school.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Documentation of satisfactory completion of college-level Anatomy and Physiology 1 with laboratory component (not older than seven years) and Psychology courses prior to enrollment.
- Download reference form and complete a professional references. The professional reference must be completed by a direct manager or supervisor if working, or an instructor/clinical instructor if the applicant is a student.
- Documentation of competency in basic clinical nursing skills. The applicant will request that his/her current immediate nursing supervisor or manager, or instructor/clinical instructor if applicant is a student submit an LPN Competency Evaluation Form.
- All LPNs who are will be required to complete Semesters II through V.
- Accepted LPNs will be required to attend an orientation prior to enrolling in Semester II.
Step 1: Complete an application
Apply online for admission to the AHN Schools of Nursing.
- Complete all elements of the application.
- All applications require a $50 non-refundable fee. Applications will not be processed until the required fee is submitted.
Step 2: Register for and take the ATI Fundamentals of Nursing Assessment
Testing is required for the LPN to RN program. Testing is offered on the campus of Citizens School of Nursing. Contact the admissions office to register for the on-site examination.
- All applicants are required to pay a $75 entrance examination fee. This fee must be paid no later than five (5) days prior your schedule testing date.
Find out more about the ATI® Fundamentals of Nursing testing.
Step 3: Submit required transcripts/proof of eligibility to study at the post- secondary level
- Official copy of High School Transcript including required course work and date of graduation.
- In lieu of a High School diploma, an original copy of the GED certificate with test scores.
- Post-secondary education transcripts
- Official transcripts must be submitted for all prior post-secondary education completed. This includes any college, university, nursing, technical and/or vocational program.