AHN Cancer Institute at West Penn Hospital
The nationally renowned, ultramodern Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Cancer Institute at West Penn Hospital offers leading-edge therapies for all types of cancer. Here, you have access to the latest surgical, medical, and radiation oncology treatments. We also offer proven therapies for blood cancers. We provide all diagnostic and treatment services in one convenient location that was designed with your comfort in mind.
Cancer care in Pittsburgh: Why choose West Penn Hospital?
As part of the AHN Cancer Institute, we offer some of the most effective treatment options available. You benefit from our:
- Care for all types of cancers: We offer a full spectrum of advanced diagnostic and treatment services for cancers of the breast, lung, esophagus, pancreas, colon, gynecologic, skin, prostate, and more. We have special expertise in treating complex cancers that affect the brain, eyes, head, neck, and spine.
- Advanced treatments for blood cancers: As one of the state's largest stem cell transplant programs, we're nationally recognized for our skill in treating leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. We offer chimeric antigen receptor T-cell immunotherapy (CAR T-cell therapy) and stem cell transplants, among other therapies.
- Personalized attention: Your customized treatment plan focuses on your unique needs and health goals. Our navigation team is here to answer questions and arrange services. You can also access a variety of support services, including genetic counseling, social services, nutrition counseling, and hospice.
- After-hours help: The After-Hours Oncology Clinic at West Penn Hospital provides fast care for treatment-related side effects, such as pain or nausea. We're open Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. You also can call the AHN Cancer Help Line at (412) NURSE-4-U (412) 687-7348. Oncology nurses are available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- Clinical trials: You have access to pioneering research and new therapies through our clinical trials program. Our partnership with the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center expands your options.
- Recognitions for excellence: West Penn Hospital is rated among the top 100 hospitals in the nation for medical excellence in Cancer Care and bone marrow transplant.*
Specialty cancer programs at West Penn
Depending on the cancer type, our oncologists partner with other West Penn specialists to provide comprehensive care. Our service offerings include:
- Cardio-oncology: We collaborate with West Penn heart specialists to protect your heart from problems associated with certain cancer treatments. Learn more about cardio-oncology.
- Neuro-oncology: For brain and spine tumors, your cancer specialist works with West Penn neurologists and neurosurgeons. Find out more about neuro-oncology.
- Lymphedema treatments: Therapists in our physical therapy and rehabilitation program offer specialized treatments for lymphedema (arm or leg swelling) caused by cancer treatments.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at West Penn Hospital.
West Penn Hospital
4800 Friendship Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224