What is a lipid clinic?
High cholesterol, or otherwise disordered cholesterol, is the most important risk factor for the development of plaque and cardiovascular disease. A lipid clinic can diagnose, treat, and manage these various cholesterol disorders. Part of the larger AHN Heart Disease Prevention Program, our specialists at the AHN Lipid Clinic focus on helping patients lower their cholesterol to decrease their risk of developing heart disease.
The AHN Lipid Clinic may be right for you if:
- You have family members who have had strokes or heart attacks.
- You’ve been diagnosed with high triglyceride levels or have peripheral arterial disease with high cholesterol.
- You've had a heart attack or stroke.
- Your cholesterol levels don’t improve with treatment.
- You can’t take medications to lower your cholesterol.
- You have high cholesterol and want help with lifestyle changes to manage it.
- You have fatty liver disease and need help managing your cholesterol levels.
- You have any other concerns about your risk for heart attack or stroke.