Surgery at Allegheny Valley Hospital
You’ll receive excellent surgical care at Allegheny Valley Hospital (AVH). Our highly trained team provides the full spectrum of surgical techniques, from traditional open surgery to robot-assisted, minimally invasive procedures. We work with you to determine the approach that will be most effective for you and lead to the best long-term results.
Surgery at Allegheny Valley Hospital: Why choose us?
If you or a loved one needs surgery, turn to the surgical team at Allegheny Valley for:
- Full range of procedures: We provide surgical care for even the most complex cases, working together with specialists in other departments to offer complete care.
- Personalized care: We know that no matter how routine the surgery is for us, it isn’t routine for you. We make sure you feel informed and confident about your health care, taking time to answer questions and address concerns you may have. Our team supports you throughout your surgery and recovery.
- Expert care: In addition to our skilled surgical team, you’ll have access to a trained hospitalist. This physician specializes in caring for people in the hospital.
- Robotic surgery: These advanced, minimally invasive procedures lead to a more precise surgery and a shorter, more comfortable recovery. We are continually expanding our use of robotic surgery so more people can benefit from these procedures. Learn more about minimally invasive and robotic surgery at Allegheny Valley.
Surgery at Allegheny Valley: Conditions we treat
Surgeons at Allegheny Valley deliver comprehensive surgical care, as part of these AHN institutes:
The Orthopaedic Institute offers surgical options for most musculoskeletal needs, from foot and ankle conditions to joint replacement. Learn more about the AHN Orthopaedic Institute at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
The Cardiovascular Institute provides comprehensive surgical care for the full spectrum of heart-related conditions from valve disease to irregular heartbeats. Learn more about the AHN Cardiovascular Institute at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
The Cancer Institute provides surgical care for every type of cancer, including breast, lung, and colon cancers. Learn more about the AHN Cancer Institute at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
AHN’s Neuroscience Institute provide groundbreaking surgical treatment for brain tumors to movement disorders to debilitating spine conditions. Learn more about neurology and stroke services at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
The AHN Women’s Health services include surgery for pelvic floor concerns to fibroids to hysterectomy. Learn more about women’s health services at Allegheny Valley Hospital.
For services outside of these institutes, count on the surgical team at Allegheny Valley to provide leading-edge treatment for these conditions:
- Eye, ear, nose, and throat conditions
- Mouth and jaw issues
- Cosmetic concerns
- Foot and ankle disorders
- Urologic needs
Outpatient surgery at Allegheny Valley
We perform many routine and less invasive procedures on an outpatient basis, known as same-day surgery or ambulatory surgery. You return home the day of your procedure rather than spending the night in the hospital. You can recover in the comfort of your own home.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with an Allegheny Valley Hospital specialist.
Allegheny Valley Hospital
1301 Carlisle Street
Natrona Heights, PA 15065