- Have a longitudinal experience in the skilled nursing facility setting. Here, you will spend a half-day during your ambulatory week, supervised by a board-certified geriatrician, and follow a panel of nursing home patients
- Experience home visits with a geriatrician or geriatric CRNP
- Spend one half day during ambulatory week in the geriatric primary care/consult clinic at WPMA
- Have a geriatrician mentor who can help guide you in your choices for an optimal career in geriatrics or primary care
- Participate in bimonthly education sessions with the entire Geriatrics Division
- Have the opportunity to attend quarterly educational sessions in the Geriatric/Palliative Care Division
- Complete one research/QI project during the residency on a geriatric topic of your choice; you will be given extra time to work on their projects during their ambulatory months
Our Geriatric Track's curriculum meets requirements of the ACGME for successful completion and graduation from the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
This Geriatric track does not have its own NRMP match number. Rather, two residents will be selected from each matched class prior to the start of the internship based on their desire and commitment to geriatrics. When you are granted an interview, please let the program coordinator know about your interest in this track.