Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Institute at Jefferson Hospital
Children, teens, and adults are all at risk for mental and behavioral health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). With appropriate treatment, these issues can improve. Specialists at the Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Institute at Jefferson Hospital offer experienced care to help you enjoy the good things in life.
Psychiatry and mental health services at Jefferson Hospital: Why choose us?
Jefferson is part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Institute. We offer comprehensive mental health services, including:
- Inpatient services: Our 24-bed hospital unit offers therapies for severe depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and other serious conditions. Services include medication management and individual, family, and group counseling. We’re experts in the use of electroconvulsive therapy for severe depression, bipolar disorder, and psychosis. Learn more about inpatient behavioral therapy.
- Intensive day programs: Our all-day partial hospitalization program (PHP) takes place Monday through Friday. We offer group and individual therapy, family counseling, recreational therapy, and psychiatric services, including medication management. We also have a partial-day intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Outpatient counseling: Our outpatient mental health services program helps children, adolescents, and adults who have:
- Family and marital problems
- Gender and sexual identity concerns
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Integrative therapies: We offer guided imagery, hypnotherapy, and relaxation therapy for issues associated with smoking cessation, stress, weight problems, chronic pain, and health conditions like cancer.
Dedicated care for children and teens: We offer specialized care for children and adolescents with autism, ADHD, disruptive behavior disorders, and mood disorders. We also help kids cope with stressors such as divorce, loss, and bullying.
Jefferson Behavioral Health Unit visiting hours
You may visit a loved one in our inpatient unit during certain times:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7–8:30 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: 2–4 p.m. and 7–8:30 p.m.
You are not alone!
You don’t have to face psychiatric or behavioral health issues alone. Help is available.
If you or a loved one is:
- in immediate danger, call: 911, or go to your nearest Emergency Room, for immediate intervention and support.
- seeking an evaluation or appointment for psychiatric or behavioral health issues call the Behavioral Health Triage Team at: (412) 330-4429: Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Additional crisis hotlines and patient support information can be found on our AHN Psychiatric and Behavioral Health Institute Patient Resource Guide.
565 Coal Valley Road
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
Jefferson Hospital Counseling Services
810 Clairton Boulevard, Suite 500/600
Pittsburgh, PA 15236